Recently Stratos wrote an article saying that people should stop joining meaningless Facebook groups and that these groups could start spamming you.
I’ve noticed a number of these groups but have not joined any of them. I prefer to join or fan a real person or product that will actually provide me with useful information.
I must admit, however, that some of the names of these groups do make me laugh because they are so completely ridiculous – I suppose the face that they are so absurd is what makes them funny.
So, I searched around and located 12 funny and completely pointless Facebook groups.
- I Hate When Your Walking Home And A Hippo Just Falls On You – When I saw this one, I had to laugh. It’s so absurd, that it’s funny. Obviously, there is little point in joining a group like this but I was tempted because I appreciated the humor behind it.
- Its not a man purse, its a satchel. Indiana Jones has one – Hmm … I’m not sure. I still think it’s a man purse ;-)
It’s Twenty-ten, not Two-thousand and ten – I’ve actually seen a lot of discussion and articles on this topic. I think this is so unimportant – I’m still partying like it’s nineteen hundred and ninety-nine. ;-)
- I Will Go Slightly Out of My Way To Step On That Crunchy-looking Leaf – Members of this group are probably the same people who love popping bubble wrap.
- I have texted while lying down and dropped the phone on my face – I think anyone who texts a lot has done this. I also think these people are better off not taking their phones into the restroom.
- Kids who hid in clothing racks while their parents were shopping – This one also made me laugh. Are there any kids who don’t do this?
- Pull your pants up, you look like an idiot – This is actually a cause that I could get behind. And I can’t believe this look is still going strong – most don’t last nearly this long.
When i’m walking down the street, I pretend i’m in a music video. – I’m sure most of us have done this at some point. There’s also the guy who pretends he’s in a music video while waiting for the bus.
We want to keep David Tennant, not Matt Smith! – Ah, Doctor Who fans who don’t want David Tennant to stop being the doctor. I understand this because I love David Tennant. But there isn’t anything we can do about this and it’s possible that Matt Smith will do a great job. Don’t watch this clip if you’re a fan and haven’t seen The End of Time yet.
- If this group reaches 1 person, I will eat a sandwich!! – There are actually variations of this same topic in at least three groups. My guess is that this person would eat a sandwich anyway.
- I Bet I Can Find 7 People Who Support Giving Dinosaurs The Right To Vote – Well, they have already found over 4,000. I wonder how many people can be found that believe dinosaurs and humans existed at the same time ;-)
- Garden Gnome Liberation Front – I had no idea that garden gnomes were being held against their will.
How about you? Do you have other pointless and funny Facebook groups to add to this list?
photo credit: Picture Taker 2