Well, it’s already been another week. It’s hard to believe – they just seem to be flying by. This week I feature more about how WordPress has changed lives, a gorgeous site redesign, giant dolls, the blogging process, working with photos and creepy ads.
- WordCamp Portland – How WordPress Changes Lives – Lorelle Van Fossen gave a presentation at WordCamp Portland about how WordPress changes lives. This was part of the same presentation that involved Glenda Hyatt Watson. This part of the presentation, however, is about regular people like you and me. If you don’t want to watch the entire video, please watch for about 30 seconds starting at the 6th minute ;-)
- Redesign at Perishable Press – Jeff at Perishable Press redesigned his site. Please visit his site and marvel at the beauty of the design and at his design skills. I used to visit the site to learn advanced WordPress hacks – now I just site there and stare at the design.
- Little Girl Giant at Environmental Graffiti – Environmental Graffiti has a sweet article about the Little Girl Giant animatronic. One wonders about her giant parents.
- The Blogging Process – Kristi at Kikolani.com describes her blogging process and all the work and research that goes into each post. I think a lot of use thought that blogging would be a lot easier than it is.
- 25 Ways to Spice Up Blog Post Photos – Pro Blog Design lists 25 Photoshop techniques that you can use to make your photos more interesting. The use of Photoshop is one of my weaknesses but most of these techniques look like something that even I could handle.
- Bizarre Vintage Ads – Once again Vered finds a collection of really strange advertisements. You have to wonder if they sold any products using these ads.