I think I’ve finally stopped writing 10 for the year rather than 11. A couple of times I wrote 20110 as if I were trying to combine the two years into a zip code or something.
This week I have science fiction, WordPress, muppets, advertising and more.
- 55 Science Fiction/Fantasy Movies to Watch Out For in 2011 – Most of these don’t really interest me even though I love sci fi (I’d rather read it than watch it) but I am intrigues by Cowboys and Aliens.
- The anatomy of a WordPress theme – An infographic explaining all of the parts that make up a WordPress theme.
- The Muppet Show, Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock – How well do you know your monsters? Take this quiz and say whether the monster was on The Muppet Show, Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock. I got 8/10, which is pretty good considering I never watched Fraggle Rock ;-)
- 7 Reasons You Should Never Check Email First Thing In The Morning – A case for not making checking your email the first thing you do. I have to admit that I do – I often have 30 mins between the time I get up and the time I need to start getting my daughter ready for school. I usually sort through it, delete a bunch and answer any that can be done quickly. I frequently use this time to answer comments as well.
- How My Handwriting Has Changed Since Kindergarten – A funny post from The Oatmeal about penmanship.
- In London, Joggers Run Errands for the Isolated and Immobile – An absolutely simple yet brilliant idea.
- Frog Rides a Snake to Escape Floods in Australia – An amazing photo of two creatures helping each other during a crisis.
- Things Real People Don’t Say About Advertising – A funny tumblr site that pokes fun at advertising.
- Dog “Sings” While “Playing” the Piano