I have quite a few links for you today. I’m not sure why I have more than usual – perhaps I’ve been spending too much time surfing. Topics include; life balance, why you shouldn’t clean, how to get more blog comments, and interview with Mark Hayward, listening to music while working, and photos of election day. Enjoy!
- What is Life Balance: Is it Achievable for Everyone? – Kelly at She-Power talks about life balance and questions if it is even possible for everyone.
- Oh My Gosh What Happened to Chris Brogan – Wesley jokes about Chris Brogan’s current avatar on Twitter.
- Why Cleaning Your Toilet Could Be Bad for Your Children’s Health – Dave Fowler has a unique perspective on parenting. Read why you shouldn’t bother cleaning.
- Commercialism, Children and Toys – My friend Sommer over at Green & Clean Mom discusses what she found in her son’s backpack and how pervasive advertising is in our children’s lives. Read the article and then watch the video.
- A 7 Step Guide to Getting More Comments – Joost de Valk discusses how to get more blog comments over at Shoe Money.
- Library Squeezed in Nutter’s Budget Cuts – This is of more local interest but affects everyone who lives somewhere where the local budget is being cut. In Philadelphia, the proposed 2009 budget plans to permanently close 11 branch libraries. Many of these branches are in areas where the schools do not have libraries. Where are the kids supposed to get books? I believe the public library is a cornerstone of democracy and that they should never be closed.
- US Election 08 Photo Pool Flickr’s group photos of election day. These are photos of voting locations and of people photo, not of the candidates.
- Should We Listen to Music While Working? Designer Daily discusses the pros and cons of listening to music while working. For me, it depends on what I’m working on. If I really need to concentrate, I prefer silence.
- Using Twitter to Enhance Your Social Network A comprehensive guide to getting started with Twitter. It even discusses how to customize your twitter background.
- Interview-Train for Humanity – Mark Hayward Amy Sample Ward interviews Mark Hayward, who is participating in the Miami Man Triathalon today to raise money for Darfur.
Did you enjoy this article? I can assist you with your WordPress or Facebook project. Contact me and I will provide you with an estimate. You can also connect with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. If you are looking for Hosting, WordPress Theme, Newsletter or other recommendations, please view my detailed list.