Happy almost family visiting and end of year vacation time. Yay!
This has been an interesting week online. On 12/16 Facebook accidentally rolled out an internal prototype for fan pages that through people into fits and Yahoo! announced that it was discontinuing delicious (but maybe not) and other services. Well, it wasn’t announced, the information as leaked.
This week I have Facebook, weird animals, freelancer dreams, delicious, and Rudolph’s red light.
- How to Delete Your Facebook Applications – Since Facebook keeps moving the settings around, this article is very useful.
- Ten Weirdest New Animals of 2010 – Wow! These are some bizarre animals and photos.
- 9 online petition tools: How to make a difference – Excellent list of resources for starting a petition to get people interested in your cause.
- 17 paypal alternatives for easier e-commerce – Don’t like paypal or have trouble with them? Here is a list of alternatives.
- 12 Gifts Most Freelance Designers Only Dare to Dream About – I’d have to go with #12 on this list, although most of my clients are awesome.
- Mapping America: Every City, Every Block – Put in your zipcode and find out how diverse (or not) your neighborhood is.
- Facebook Launch New Business Page Designs – Well, Facebook accidentally and briefly launched new page designs. Apparently they rolled out an internal prototype. It was a mistake and they took the site down to revert back to the original pages. The reason I am still listing this article is that I believe this is where Facebook is going with pages.
- Yahoo Just Killed… Consumer Confidence In Them – Yahoo was shutting down delicious, no wait they are going to sell it instead. Who knows but Yahoo! is the place where good products go to die. And for me, delicious is more that a bookmarking service. It’s also a place for discovery and research.
Rudolphe v Roxanne Mashup
Doctor Who v Star Wars Mashup