Happy February and Happy Birthday to my brother, John.
This week I have WordPress, bike plows, Facebook, a cat organ and more.
- Facebook comments vs Blog comments – This article argues in favor of using Facebook comments instead of the WordPress comments on his blog. Right now he is using both. I wouldn’t want to replace the WordPress commenting system completely and have never wanted to rely on a 3rd party service for my comments.
- Google Starts Censoring BitTorrent, RapidShare and More – Google is now censors terms such BitTorrent, torrent, utorrent, RapidShare and Megaupload from its instant and autocomplete services. Contrary to popular opinion that are valid reason for using torrents, such as Linux distributions.
- Kill Your To-Do List – This article discusses using a single-day schedule rather than a to-do list to block out your tasks and time. I agree with this article because this is how I manage my time. I don’t, however, like the use of the word ‘kill’ in the title. We throw that violent word around way too much.
- Faversham man’s pussy cat organ – Man plays Somewhere Over the Rainbow on toy cats.
- 4 Reasons to Spring A Few Bucks For That Premium WordPress Theme – A recent study showed that a number of free themes contain security exploits in their code. This article lists other reasons why it might be better to pay a little for a custom theme.
- The Moms Aren’t Wrong: Why Planning for Children Would Make Cities Better for All US cities aren’t designed with children and the elderly in mind. If they were, they would be nicer places for everyone to live. Currently they seem to cater to that non-human being, the car.
- Facebook’s New, Simple and Essential Safety Feature – Simple instructions for using https rather than http when logged into Facebook.
Did you enjoy this article? I can assist you with your WordPress or Facebook project. Contact me and I will provide you with an estimate. You can also connect with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. If you are looking for Hosting, WordPress Theme, Newsletter or other recommendations, please view my detailed list.