This week I’ve got some WordPress, some job and freelancing information, and a couple of green tips. I don’t have any photos or video clips for you this week. I’ve been working more than surfing and reading this week.
- Green Your Yellow Pages – Finally! How to opt out of receiving the white and yellow pages from the phone company. I didn’t think it could be done.
- Creating Pages with a Separate Loop in WordPress Buddha Trance has a great tutorial on creating pages with a separate look in WordPress. She wanted to keep her WordPress articles separate from the main section of her blog and this is how she did it.
- Using WordPress Consultants: What You Need to Know Questions to ask and information to request when hiring a WordPress consultant. Of course, if you hire me, the experience will be problem free.
- WP-Invoice – This is a plugin that allows you to use WordPress as an invoice and billing system. I haven’t tried it but it looks like a useful tool. I might try it on a clean install of WordPress – if I do, I’ll do a write-up on how it works.
- A List of Things to do When Business is Slow If you’re freelancing and don’t have much work, this article has a number of recommendations of things you can do like look for more work or get you paperwork in order.
- This Valentine’s Day True Love Plants Trees – This is a great idea. For $25 dollars you can have a tree planted for your loved one and they will get a certificate. Instead of wasting money on chocolates and flowers, you can give something lasting that is good for the environment.