Happy Father’s Day! None of the links have anything to do with Fathers but I thought I would give it a mention :-) I’ve got some WordPress, some twitter, and some fun videos.
- WordPress 2.8.1 Beta by end of the Week WordPress 2.8.1 will be released very soon. This is to correct the problem with the auto upgrade that many are experiencing. WordPress 2.9 is targeted for October 31st.
- 10 Reasons to Not Work With a Freelance Client – This is a guest post I did for Donace over at The Nexus while he’s vacationing away somewhere ;-) These example are true and some are a little funny.
- 10 Irrational Behaviors on Twitter that’d Make You Look Crazy in Real Life – A funny look at standard behavior on twitter that would be extremely odd in another context.
- 10 Things You Can Do With WordPress Besides Blogging – A list of sites you can create with WordPress that includes the plugins that will assist in creating them. The article includes a link directory, portfolio, and classifieds.
- Subscriber Counts Now Mean Nothing – Did you notice a big jump in your RSS subscriptions last week? Well, then you must use Feedburner and Friendfeed. Feedburner now includes people who have subscribed to your friendfeed, if your blog is one of the services that you include in friendfeed. I disagree with this and thinks it make the number of subscribers even more meaningless that they were before. When I subscribe to someone on friendfeed I am subscribing to that person, not necessarily that person’s blog. And now all I need to do to get more subscribers is get more people to subscribe to my friendfeed. And that is a lot easier to do than getting RSS subscriptions.
- New User Features in WordPress 2.8 – A look at some of the new features in WordPress 2.8
- Tweetpsych – Put in your twitter username and get a psychological profile based on your tweets. Apparently all I talk about it myself ;-)
Food Catching Kitty
The Conference Bike – for 7 people!