I can’t believe I have any links that are unrelated to the World Cup. I’ve been obsessed and have watched almost every match. And somehow I’ve managed to get a lot of work done and entertain the kid, since she is between school and camp.
It’s been unusually hot for Philly this time of year and it’s been hard to keep up with not using AC. I did finally turn it on in one room for a couple of days – that room is trashed as we’ve been eating, sleeping, working and living in that one room. I have found that I don’t check the temperature I don’t feel as hot. So, part of being uncomfortable from the heat must be psychological ;-)
And we had a wild 15 minute storm in my neighborhood and that in a very short time caused a lot of destruction. I’ve never been in destructive weather before and it might have been the scariest 15 weather minutes I’ve ever experienced. I’ve included some photos.
I also have freelance, solar flares, WordPress, tiny houses and more.
- What to Do When Constant Emails Keep You From Working – I’ve had days where I worked so hard and later realized that I didn’t earn anything because I spent my time on emails like this article mentioned. I now file emails that need to be answered in a todo email folder and only answer then at specific times during the workday. Requests for free assistance are sometimes answered but only if I have the time.
- Nasa warns solar flares from ‘huge space storm’ will cause devastation – Umm … wow! The potential to knock out power grids for months. Now, on top of everything else, I need to worry about space storms.
- Everything you wanted to know about creating a network of multiple sites in 3.0 – In WordPress 3.0 you can have multiple blogs on a single WordPress installation. The awesome Andrea tells us how to do that.
- How We Got To 40,310 Facebook Fans In 4 Days – An excellent article about a Facebook campaign that resulted in acquiring an enormous number of fans in 4 days.
- 10 of the Smallest Homes in the World – What the title says it is. Great photos.
- SproutRobot – Enter your zip code and the database will tell you what can be planted. A paid account adds on a planting calendar, planting instructions, and seeds mailed to you.
- World Cup Photos – Excellent photos of the World Cup to this point.
- The Gulf Oil Spill from Space – An amazing and disturbing photo of the Gulf Oil Spill
My flickr slideshow of the aftermath of the fast and destructive storm we had this week. We lost a lot of trees at the park.
Monty Python: The Philosopher’s World Cup
Gandalf goes to the World Cup