Happy 4th of July holiday weekend. I prepared this post but otherwise I’ve been celebrating by not using the computer. I even closed my email, which I almost always have open. It was hard at first but now it feels like a relief.
This week I have links about being nice, job fairs, WordPress, plugins and consumption.
- How to be Genuine and Nice in a Web 2.0 World and Why It’s Important – An article about how your online reputation can be damaged by things you say and do and why it’s important to be cautious, exercise restraint and to be kind.
- Seven Observations from my Day at the Job Fair – Recently Dawn volunteered to review resumes at a job fair. She has some interesting observations about the job seekers. It’s also surprising that people don’t even do obvious things like bring a copy of their resume to job fairs.
- Free HTML 5 WordPress Theme – Jeff Starr has released a free minimal theme build with HTML 5. If you are interested in HTML and building WordPress themes it is worth checking out this theme.
- 15 Essential WordPress Plugins for Portfolio Sites – Recommended plugins for a WordPress portfolio site.
- Does Recycling Give Us an Excuse to Over-Consume – Are people more likely to buy products they don’t really need if they are green and recyclable? I think we frequently forget that recycle is the third part of reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Cute Little Squirrel
- Fireworks and a Microwave