Happy 4th of July holiday weekend. I prepared this post but otherwise I’ve been celebrating by not using the computer. I even closed my email, which I almost always have open. It was hard at first but now it feels like a relief.
This week I have links about being nice, job fairs, WordPress, plugins and consumption.
- How to be Genuine and Nice in a Web 2.0 World and Why It’s Important – An article about how your online reputation can be damaged by things you say and do and why it’s important to be cautious, exercise restraint and to be kind.
- Seven Observations from my Day at the Job Fair – Recently Dawn volunteered to review resumes at a job fair. She has some interesting observations about the job seekers. It’s also surprising that people don’t even do obvious things like bring a copy of their resume to job fairs.
- Free HTML 5 WordPress Theme – Jeff Starr has released a free minimal theme build with HTML 5. If you are interested in HTML and building WordPress themes it is worth checking out this theme.
- 15 Essential WordPress Plugins for Portfolio Sites – Recommended plugins for a WordPress portfolio site.
- Does Recycling Give Us an Excuse to Over-Consume – Are people more likely to buy products they don’t really need if they are green and recyclable? I think we frequently forget that recycle is the third part of reduce, reuse and recycle.
Cute Little Squirrel
- Fireworks and a Microwave
Did you enjoy this article? I can assist you with your WordPress or Facebook project. Contact me and I will provide you with an estimate. You can also connect with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. If you are looking for Hosting, WordPress Theme, Newsletter or other recommendations, please view my detailed list.