Ok – this week I have a links covering plugins, turning 40, a use of social media, a great contest for charity, some SEO, a cheat sheet, and (Anti) Social Updates.
- How to Write a WordPress Plugin – This tutorial is a year old and is aimed at people with knowledge of PHP. It is an comprehensive twelve part tutorial. I just wish I knew PHP better.
- 39 Things I Have Learned as I Prepare to Turn 40 Mark Hayward lists 39 things he has learned as he approaches 40. I wish I had seen this article in May when it came out as Mark Hayward and I are almost birthday buddies – he is just one day older than me :-)
- Launching Your Next Venture Using Social Media – 5 Lessons Learned – Recently Train for Humanity was on the (Anti) Social-List. This article is a follow-up in which the lessons learned about launching a new product via social media are highlighter as well as what would be done differently the next time.
- Styletime contest launch! Donate a dollar for BlogActionDay and win some great prizes! – Also blog, tweet, stumble or shout about this contest. Oh, and leave a comment so they know to throw you in the magic contest hat. Prizes include, Premium WordPress themes, a custom twitter background, business card design, 1 year membership to PSD Tuts and much, much more. Oh, and the dollar you donate goes to charity.
- WordPress SEO – The Definitive Guide to High Rankings for Your Blog – Yoast has a comprehensive guide on optimizing WordPress for Search Engines. Everything from permalinks to altering the blog’s structure is discussed. After reading this I changed my permalinks and installed the Redirection Plugin.
- The WordPress Help Sheet WP Candy created a pdf that you can download with a list of the basic template files and common used php snippets.
- New at (Anti) Social Development – If you are a frequent visitor (I know I have a couple), you have noticed some changes. I removed some pages from my header navigation and added some others. The sidebars, header and footer are also different depending on which page you are on. I will write about this in more detail this week but, for now, let’s just say I’m open for business.
Did you enjoy this article? I can assist you with your WordPress or Facebook project. Contact me and I will provide you with an estimate. You can also connect with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. If you are looking for Hosting, WordPress Theme, Newsletter or other recommendations, please view my detailed list.