Last summer I wrote an article about how to add a Facebook application to your news stream that you had previously removed or “hidden”.
Well, since the last Facebook design change that method has become obsolete, as someone pointed out in the comments.
So, here is the new way to unhide a hidden application or page.
You can still use the Edit Options link at the bottom of the Home or News Stream page to add friends that you have hidden. (But I’m sure you’ve never done that ;-) But this no longer works for Pages and Applications.
After the commentator told me it didn’t work anymore, it took some time for me to figure out how to do it – being as Facebook is SO intuitive.
- Go to Home or News Stream page
- Switch to News Feed if you are using the Live Feed. (Does anyone not use the live feed?)
- Go to Hide something. Remember you have to hover on the right side of an item so the hidden “Hide” button appears. It doesn’t matter who or what you select to hide because you will immediately be able to add it back.
- The area will be yellow and there will be an Undo button and and Edit Options link. Click on the Edit Options link.
- You will get a box with three areas of hidden information: Friends, Pages and Applications. Make sure you unhide whatever it was you hid in order to get this box.
- And remember this won’t work if you are using the Live News Feed. Switch to the regular or boring News Stream.
- Click on “Add to News Feed” for each item you want to see again and click the Close button.
Sometimes using Facebook is like a really hard treasure hunt that has a very disappointing prize.
photo credit: Rob Ireton