How did it get to be over 3 weeks since my last post?
I’ve read many posts saying you shouldn’t post to apologize for not posting. I’m not a big fan of rules like this – especially since it is my own site and I can do what I want. But, I won’t bother saying I’m sorry but, instead, will discuss what’s been going on the last couple of weeks.
What’s been going on
- Sick – The first week of May I had a bad stomach virus and was down and out for a couple of days. One day I was so sick I barely remember stumbling to my daughter’s school to pick her up at the end of the day. Next time I will definitely call someone and have them get her – I should not have been out. After I started feeling better I still had a hard time eating. It was like my appetite was gone, nothing appealed to me and nothing tasted very good. Because I wasn’t eating properly, I was weak and really overtired. The only plus side to all of this is I lost weight and some shorts that were tight-ish last year fit great now.
- Playing catch-up – When you work for yourself and by yourself, there is no one to take over when you are sick. Actually, I’ve had office jobs where no one covered for me while I was out so it really isn’t all that different. Unfortunately, I got sick at the same time that I was really busy. I know we all say we are busy all of the time but late Spring is always one of my busier times of the year (I’m not sure why that is – I think it might have something to do with tax returns). So, I notified everyone that I was unable to work for a couple of days, which worked out fine but it felt like it took 2+ weeks to get back on track. As I was priortizing, blog posts fell to the bottom of the list and as I got out of the habit of writing I found it more difficult to get back on track. I have, however, been keeping track of the post ideas. In addition to not posting, I realized that I haven’t been responding to comments – for that I do apologize.
- Plans to move – I’ve lived in my apartment for over 10 years! It’s the longest I’ve ever lived in one place – even when I was a kid I didn’t live in the same place for my parents for that long. The first seven years here were pretty good but there have been a bunch of things bothering me for the last three. The main problems are one neighbor and the amount of work that needs to be done around here due to 10 years of wear and tear. After I was sick, I asked my neighbor to stop doing something that was really annoying and his response was “you need a new hobby”. I decided enough was enough and looked for and found a new apartment. It’s only 4 blocks from where I live now so it’s going to be a lot of work for a short move. I’m not moving until later this summer but I’ve started going through everything room by room, closet by closet and drawer by drawer to get rid of everything that we don’t need, want or use. I often give things away unless it’s really valuable but my daughter has talked me into having a yard sale, which we are going to do this weekend. Right now, I’m living in chaos because I have boxes of stuff for the yard sale piled up all over the place. Anyway, this is taking up a lot of my “free” time and it’s amazing what you accumulate in 10 years – especially when you have a kid.
- Lots of work – As I mentioned earlier about playing catch-up this is also been a really busy time for me so with everything else that is going on, posting here has had a low priority. I’ve got to earn money, pile up boxes, and remember to feed my daughter’s new crayfish rather than write. ;-) (All the kids who got an A on their crayfish test in Science were allowed to bring a crayfish home if their parents said it was ok. I said ok.)
- Too hot – If you’ve been reading this site for awhile or know me in real life, you will know that I am not a fan of summer. I’d rather be cold than hot any day. And when it first gets hot, like it did over Memorial Day weekend, I feel completely drained and like I can’t breathe in the humidity. The school district actually closed school earlier yesterday because of “excessive heat”. It takes me awhile to get used to the heat so when it first starts, I do what has to be done and nothing more. I do have air conditioning in this room but other parts of my house don’t – the kitchen is the worst and it’s impossible to cook or be in there for any length of time.
So, that’s what I’ve been doing and why I haven’t been posting. I’m hoping to return to my regular posting schedule – at least until I move and then head to Vermont (to cool off).
photo credit: fivefurlongs
Did you enjoy this article? I can assist you with your WordPress or Facebook project. Contact me and I will provide you with an estimate. You can also connect with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. If you are looking for Hosting, WordPress Theme, Newsletter or other recommendations, please view my detailed list.