I hope you’ve had a good week. I missed the list last week – I went to NYC and didn’t prepare the list on time. It was nice to get away, even if it was a very quick trip.
This week I have cats, cauliflower, getting paid, and the cost of free.
Start wearing purple!
- Why Cats Suck at Social Media – Funny!
- Cauliflower Pie, A Very Yummy Fall Treat ~ Susan Hollingsworth – I got a cauliflower in my CSA box this week and am going to make this recipe. I don’t have a green one but I still think it’s going to be delicious.
- Mean Girl Bullying Trickles Down to Grade School – The most disturbing this about this is the parents who do nothing or actively encourage this behavior.
- What Monsanto’s fall from grace reveals about the GMO seed industry – I can’t say I’m upset about Monsanto earning less money – they are one of my most despised corporations.
- The real cost of free – A well written article by Cory Doctorow about the cost of free, copyright, and DRM.
- Book Giveaway – Be Thrifty: How To Live Better With Less – A book giveaway. You have until Tues. 10/26 to enter.
- The Simple Tricks Experts Use to Always Get Paid For Their Time – A link to this article was left in my comments. It’s excellent and offers great advice on how to handle the questions that we are asked.
- How to Pet a Kitty – More fun from The Oatmeal.
Start Wearing Purple
I have follow the interesting discussion about “The real cost of free” on Helienne Lindvall blog in the Guardian.co.uk. and I can only agree with Cory, we had this huge discussion last year in Sweden with the Pirate bay and Spotify. Thanks for the rest of blog post too.
Kim Woodbridge says
Hi Marbella – It’s an interesting topic and I really enjoyed that article.
Hope you are doing well :-)
Peter @ SEO Birmingham says
Hi Kim, I would first like to say, I hope you had a great time in NYC.
Such as great article, thank you for sharing the links below I will be interested in reading all of these, I enjoy reading article’s – there’s always something that interests me about bloggers thought’s and views about certain topics. Keep up the good work! :D
Dennis Edell @ Direct Sales Marketing says
Oh missed opportunity! I’m on Long island, 40 mins outside Manhattan by train. ;-)