It’s the last weekend in October and it’s the last installment of (Anti) Social-Lists for the month. This week there is some WordPress information (what a surprise, huh?), suggestions on reducing the amount of plastic that you use, more photos of poverty, cool photos of the Northern Lights, and a new feature in gmail.
- How To: Move Your WordPress Blog to a New Domain – Kyle, from WP Hacks, provides step-by-step instructions for moving your WordPress blog to a domain. Not something we do frequently, if ever, but very useful to have if the issue ever comes up.
- 10 Ways to Reduce Plastic Consumption – Dave over at The Good Human wrote a great article about ways we can reduce the amount of plastic that we use. If the image of a swirling mass of garbage and plastic in the Pacific doesn’t make you want to reduce your plastic consumption, then I suppose nothing will.
- Installing WordPress on your server – Ian, from 7879 Designs, has written step-by-step instructions for a manual install of WordPress. I was thinking of writing one, and now I don’t have to. ;-)
- Northern Light Photos – A cool set of Northern Light Photos from Flickr. I would love to actually see them someday.
- Poverty: Let’s Make a Difference – Smashing Magazine’s entry for Blog Action Day 08, which I missed last week. The photos are disconcerting and say so much more about global poverty than words can.
- Canned Responses in Gmail – Do you ever have to send the same email over and over or are you asked the same questions frequently? Well, now you can save canned responses in gmail and not have to spend time typing the same thing over and over. To get started, click on the little green flask next to settings on the top right of gmail, enable the feature, save and then start creating them.