Wow! It’s already October, which is one of my favorite months. The weather is usually pretty mild in Philly and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I’m planning some Halloween related content in the next couple of weeks.
But for now I have soccer, twitter, urban farming, WordPress, freelancing and more.
- Lantern Walk – a really cool lantern craft project that you can do with kids.
- 10 Outrageous Disallowed Goals – Soccer goals that should have been allowed but the ref made an outrageously bad call. One if from the last World Cup – June 2010.
- the 46 stages of Twitter – Funny because it’s true.
- Philadelphia’s urban-farming roots go deep—and are spreading wide – Interesting article about farms right in the city of Philadelphia. I’ve noticed more small gardens in my neighborhood this year too.
- 50 Best And Astonishing WordPress Themes Of 2010 For Free Download – 50 Free WordPress Themes
- 10 Excellent Tools for Testing Your Site on Mobile Devices – Excellent list of resources to see what you site looks like to people viewing it via a mobile device.
- The Signs That You’re Ready To Start Freelancing – Are you ready to start freelancing? Maybe this list will help you decide.
- What Keanu Reeves Can Teach us About Personal Branding – I’m not a big fan of Keanu Reeves but the author makes some good points about this actor and branding.
I had this song stuck in my head recently. I was surprised to have any Harry Chapin song other than Cats in the Cradle running through my head. I do know most of his songs though – I remember my Mom playing his albums when I was a kid.
This is a long video but it’s a great how-to for making puppets. With Jim Henson!
I live in the football crazy Spain so of course did I look at all the video clips on “10 Outrageous Disallowed Goals”, but they had miss Maranon’s “hands of God”.
Thanks for the other article too.
Kim Woodbridge says
Hi Marbella – I think that would be in the outrageous “allowed” goals category ;-)