Halloween has passed and we are rapidly sliding into the holiday season. Halloween is my favorite holiday by far so I’m kind of meh about the rest of them.
This week I have Facebook, WordPress themes, Star Wars, cargo ships and more.
- 5 Ways to Instantly Boost Your Facebook Page Traffic – A couple of ideas on how to get more visitors to your Facebook fan page. I would have to agree with adding the widget to your website. I only added it to write an article and got 20 new fans overnight!
- Did the Web Kill Gourmet Magazine? – An article about how the Internet may have contributed to the demise of this print magazine. Personally, I think Gourmet is responsible more than the web.
- Where Cargo Ships Die – Shipwrecks in deserts? Yep! I guess that ship in the middle of the Lost island isn’t so bizarre after all.
- What Star Wars Teaches Us About Career Management – I lived with someone obsessed with Star Wars for 7 years so I found this article really funny.
- 45 Great Looking WordPress Themes – A nice collection of WordPress themes.
- What Happens to Your Facebook Profile After You Die – Apparently if death is proved, the profile can be removed or memorialized. I know it’s a little morbid but I often wonder what happens to all of our online profiles after we die.
- Fake AP Stylebook – This is one of the funniest twitter profiles I’ve encountered in a while. An example tweet is “Avoid using question marks as they remind people of hook-handed serial killers.”
- @FakeAPStylebook Editors Explain Their Overnight Success on Twitter – An article on PBS MediaShift about the above Twitter account.
Crazy Aztec Opera Singer – you can see anything in NYC
My video from The Tales of Monkey Island: Lair of the Leviathan. Murry is a talking skull featured in the earlier Monkey Island games and he returns in Episode 3 of the new series. Guybrush Threepwood finds Murray when trapped inside of a giant manatee.