It’s December?? It’s true that the older you get, the faster time goes by. I wonder why that is.
This week I have some freelancing, Facebook, Star Wars, and Bohemian Rhapsody.
- How to Capture Screenshots from Windows Media Player 9, 10 and 11 – I try to avoid anything used by Microsoft other than my operating system. And I would use Linux full time if I didn’t like video games so much. But the other day I was watching a soccer match and needed to play it in Windows Media Player. I usually VLC (and if you don’t, you should. It has a Windows, MAC and Windows version and will play just about any format thrown at it as well as DVD’s) and wanted to take screenshots of the match. In VLC this is built in and is a simple keyboard command. In Windows Media Player taking a screenshot isn’t so simple, but I located this article that explains the settings that need to be changed to do so.
- Ten Signs You Need to Refuse that Project – Some practical information for freelancers about projects that just aren’t going to be worth your time.
- Now Facebook Page Owners Can Target News Feed Stories By Location and Language – For some time it’s been possible for Facebook page owners to target messages to their fans by age and gender. It is now possible to send messages based on location and language.
- Telecommuting: How to Save the World in Your Pajamas – Well, you aren’t really going to save the world but you can reduce carbon emissions by not driving and this article does include some useful telecommuting info.
- 17 Things Worth Knowing About Your Cat – The Oatmeal is quickly becoming one of my favorite sites with the funny stuff that they post and draw. This one about cats is great.
- Star Wars Status Updates – If Star Wars characters were on Facebook, these might be their status updates. I keep going back to this and laughing some more.
My guess is that most of you have seen this by now. The Muppets do Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody.
There is currently a controversy between cyclists and drivers in Philly (well, more than usual). Drivers complain that bikers never stop at stop signs. Here’s a 4 minute video proving that that complaint is pretty hypocritical.