February is almost here and we’re well into the new year – maybe I won’t get any more Happy New Years. ;-)
This week I have saving money, an awesome cake, a doorbell that I need, freelancing and more.
- 6 Ways to Avoid the Temptation to Eat Out – I want to pick something up when I’m tired but if I plan ahead, I can usually avoid the problem. Frequently, food is better at home. Well, except for the awesome Vietnamese restaurant down the street.
- 3 free WordPress themes I’ve created for you – 3 Free WordPress Themes from Cats Who Code.
- Spectacular Battlestar Galactica Cake – I always wonder about people who bake cakes like this – I can barely frost a cupcake.
- Baby Who – A cool homemade Tardis for a baby.
- Anti-pest device charges unwelcome visitors a dime to ring doorbell – I totally need one of these as my neighbor’s “friends” think it’s perfectly alright to ring the wrong doorbell, have me go down three flights of stairs, and then not even apologize to me for the inconvenience. I’ve reached the point where if I’m not expecting someone or a package I don’t bother going down to see who it is.
- Why People Want to Pay You More: 7 Reasons Doubling Your Rates Doubles Success – Good reasons to increase your rates. I agree with a number of them and it is something to consider. I’ve found that frequently the quick / small jobs end up being the biggest headache and the most work.
- Your Facebook Activity is Now an Ad – You can’t opt out either. Our online lives have become a virtual infomercial.
- Baby & Hood: Studies suggest urban areas are less risky for children – Car accidents are the biggest killer of young children so if they are in the cars less, then they should be safer. You are more likely to die in a car accident commuting from the suburbs than being a victim of a violent crime.
Born in tree. Lives in tree. Won’t come out of tree.