Another week, another month almost done. I’ve been busy with a lot of events for my daughter. With her social schedule you would think she was 16 rather than 8.
This week I have google docs, freelancing, Facebook, WordPress and more.
- Google Docs turns into a Universal File Viewer – The file formats that can be viewed inside Google Docs, without conversion, include Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), Fonts (TTF), AutoCAD drawings (DXF) and Office 2010 documents (like DOCX, XLSX and PPTX). Thank goodness – I’m a fan of open source software and don’t have any of those programs – now it’s easier to look at files that clients send to me.
- How to Spot Difficult Clients BEFORE Signing a Contract – Advice on how to weed out potentially difficult clients before you start working with them.
- Indie Store Finder – I’m not a fan of big chain businesses and prefer shopping at independent, locally owned businesses. I would rather give my money to my neighbors rather than some faceless corporation. Even if it costs more… This finder will help you locate independent bookstores, cafes, pet stores, etc. near you. If you set up a free account, you can even help make it better by adding businesses that aren’t already listed.
- How Borders lost its soul – Honestly, I didn’t know Borders ever had a soul. A lot of their stores are closing down, although the big one in Philly isn’t, and this article discusses that issue. Borders put a lot of indie stores out of business and now the indie, online, and e-book sellers are pushing them out. I guess it’s corporate karma.
- Why do people in cars hate people on bikes so much? – Because they can? And they are somewhat anonymous behind their tons of steel. It’s ok – I hate the cars right back.
- How to disable / remove the WordPress 3.1 admin bar, redux – The new version of WordPress, 3.1, contains an admin bar. People are either going to love it or not. This articles discusses different ways of removing it.
- Four Great Resources For Creating Custom Facebook Tabs With iFrames – Just what the article says ;-) One of my iframe posts is listed there too.
- There Are Too Many “Public Displays of Technology” in This Country: Survey – I think people are getting a little rude. When someone is talking on a cell phone and placing an order or when someone is walking down the street and walks into you because they are too busy looking down at their gadget. I’m surprised I don’t see more people walk right into traffic.