Today is March 15 or the Ides of March – beware! I am not superstitious but I’ve had server problems on March 15th on more that one occasion where it took the entire day to resolve the problem. Fortunately, this year it falls on a Sunday so most of us won’t be working.
Last Sunday was International Women’s Day, which I didn’t realize until after the fact but I do have a link about women’s issues this week. I also have tweetdeck tips, operating systems over the years, creating a large website background in CSS, the Hawaiian Chair, USB drives, and a year in 2 minutes.
- Ides of March – March 15th is the Ides of March, which was the day that Julius Caesar was assassinated. Apparently he had been warned to beware of that day and since that time the date has had a sense of foreboding.
- Facts About Women – I somehow missed the memo that last Sunday was International Women’s Day. How nice that we get one whole day on a Sunday. Vered at MomGrind wrote an awesome post about 10 disturbing issues still facing women around the world.
- Realistic Food USB Flash Drives – Well, this was food week at (Anti) Social Development so what better way to end it than silly USB’s that look like food. The shrimp one makes me laugh.
- How to Effectively Follow 15,000 People on Twitter Using These Tweetdeck Tricks Jesse Newhart explains how he effectively follows 15,000 people using Tweetdeck. If you aren’t following him, you should because he posts some great links. @jessenewhart
- How To: CSS Large Background – A great tutorial that explains how to create a large image background and use it on your website using CSS. Now if I could just figure out how to make the awesome flowers.
- Operating System Interface Design Between 1981-2009 – A visual history of operating systems over the last 28 years. It’s interesting to watch Windows become more Apple like.
One year in two minutes from Eirik Solheim.
- A funny video of Ellen demonstrating the Hawaiian chair seen on Infomercials.