Well, I will admit that I got confused and starting working on my list for April 26th, got halfway through and realized I was working on the wrong post. I can’t just change the date because I have something in particular I want to use for the 26th.
This week we have personality and geography, a bs study about Twitter, more Twitter, bacon, plastic, and more.
- Geography of Personality – This is a study that looks at geography and five personality traits. Apparently people in Vermont are agreeable while people in Maine are not.
- Scientists Warn of Twitter Dangers – According to this study, using twitter “numbs our sense of morality and make us indifferent to human suffering”. Based on my own experience, I would have to disagree. When the earthquakes in China occurred last year, I felt more empathy for the people there because I was reading their tweets rather than hearing about it from mainstream media. How long before twitter replaces video games as the cause of all societal problems?
- Why it Pays to Befriend the Little Guy – We are frequently told who we should be following on Twitter. But these lists usually include people, who will follow you back, but are too popular to really notice you. Why do I want to follow people that I won’t be interacting with? I completely agree with this article. And I really like following back people who don’t have many followers – I remember when I didn’t have many and I would get SO excited when someone followed me back. Of course, that was before of the descent of the marketers and DM’s trying to see me crap.
- Bacolicious – I’m a vegetarian so I don’t eat bacon but seeing a piece of bacon floating over my site cracks me up. You can do this to any site just change the url that comes after .us/
This kitty really loves the guitar (or just being annoying).
- Sound of Music Train Station – I love this video.
Did you know there is a huge swirling mass of plastic garbage in the Pacific?