Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
This week I have Facebook, playgrounds, sunscreen, Muppets, and more!
- New Study Compares Prices at Farmers’ Markets and Supermarkets. The Results Might Surprise You. – It seems that Farmer’s Markets have comparable prices for conventional produce and that their organics are cheaper than the supermarkets’. So, there you go – Farmer’s Markets aren’t solely for elite snobs …
- Playgrounds from Hell – This article is a couple of years old but I just came across it recently. Hey kids! Have fun playing and happy nightmares. ;-)
- By The Numbers: How Facebook Says Likes & Social Plugins Help Websites – There’s some good info here – just keep in mind that it’s coming from Facebook.
- Dumb Tweets @ Brands – If you want to engage with your favorite company on Twitter, this probably isn’t the way to do it.
- Fine Print Blurs Who’s in Control of Online Photos – Do you use Twitpic to share photos on Twitter? Well, it looks like they have made a deal of sell your photos for publication.
- Think Twice Before You Upgrade That WordPress Plugin – Make sure the plugin is compatible with your version of WordPress and there aren’t any other issues with it before upgrading.
- 2011 Sunscreen Guide Separates the Safe from the Snake Oil – Many sunscreens can be worse for you than not using any sunscreen at all – unbelievable. Here is a good guide to the good and the bad.
- Newly Found Species of Bacteria Lives On Pure Caffeine – I’ve never been jealous of a species of bacteria but now I think I am. ;-)
The trailer for the upcoming Muppet Movie – I love the Muppets.