As with many of my posts, this one has been done in advance. While this is being published and you are starting to stop by and read it, I am still in the midst of the slumber party. I might need extra recovery time ;-)
This week we have WordPress, IE6 hacks, a lot of humor, and more … Where’s my coffee?
- Geek Chart – I found this one via my friend David Bradley. Put in your usernames from the social networks you belong to and get a pie chart telling you which ones you are most active on. Surprisingly, I was most active on delicious – I bookmark a lot but I thought twitter or my website would be first. You don’t have to create an account to use this tool although the site makes it look as if you do.
- 30 Sites Every Freelance Should Visit and Utilize – An awesome list of resources for freelancers. I haven’t gotten through all of it but I plan to.
- Using Custom Taxonomies to Create a Movie Database – Custom Taxonomies are going to be used mostly by developers in WordPress 2.8. I understood them theoretically but was really please to see a practical use of them. I would like to try this with a video game database.
- 24,504 Reasons to Burn Books – A really funny look at really crappy self-help books.
- Why Wait Buy Now – Valerie might not be a celebrity but you can buy all kinds of her crap from Vbay ;-) I’ve got dibs on the remaining show from the monster chase.
- 10 Properties that “were” impossible to implement in IE6 – Ask any developer or designer how she feels about IE 6 and I bet you get a really negative response. Here’s a list of workarounds for things that we didn’t think could be done in that “browser”.
- Poke My Name – All kinds of fun and silly facts about your name. Ever wanted to see your name as a barcode? Seriously, who hasn’t?
- People Who Need Pupa Are The Pluckiest People The Original Gross Lady is back in her kitchen cooking disgusting things, photgraphing it and then making her brother eat it. He’s a brave man.
The Kitten and the Couch
Hammer Pants Dance – The Best Flash Mob Ever