Busy, busy, busy. I decided to celebrate my birthday by ignoring the computer for a day. Of course, if you do that on a weekday, you spend the rest of the week playing catch-up.
This week I seem to have a lot of gardening and green stuff as well as some Facebook and WordPress.
- Start Planning for Your Fall Garden Now – What you can plant in certain climates to have a second batch of veggies in the Fall. If it ever gets below 100F here, maybe I’ll do some more planting.
- Air-Conditioning Is Terrible for the Earth — Here’s How to Live Without It – I’ve been trying to use as little air conditioning as possible this summer. Of course, this summer has been really hot and I live on the 3rd floor so it’s been difficult. When it gets too hot, I use AC in just one room and keep the door closed. I end up camping out in that one room.
- Tips on How to Reduce Food Packaging Waste – Packaging makes up a lot of our garbage. I get so annoyed by individually wrapped pieces of fruit like in the article’s photo. It’s so wasteful.
- Theories on Ancient Wooden Ship Found at Ground Zero – When I first read this headline, I thought of the show Lost ;-) Here are some ideas about how the ship got there.
- Optimizing WordPress Permalinks – A very detailed article about WordPress permalinks from Digging Into WordPress.
- July Can Jam: Cucumber Pepper Relish – A cucumber pepper relish canning recipe from Food in Jars.
- How do you know if your Facebook Page fans like what you’re posting? – How to use your stats to see if your posts are bringing in new Facebook fans or causing you to lose them.
- Close Calls. The very last one makes me laugh.
- Star Wars Subway Car – Nothing fun like this ever happens when I ride the subway ;-)
Lisa Marie Mary says
Whoooooa! on the lucky day people and YEAH! That last one made me laugh! The tree one made me giggle too! But man, single fruit packaging? That just plain SUX!!
.-= Lisa Marie Mary´s last blog ..Silly Bear- Cars Are For Kids =-.
Kim Woodbridge says
Hi – I found that video at the last minute because a friend posted it on Facebook. Talk about close calls.
Dennis Edell | Direct Sales Marketing says
Those cops did not have a good day.
.-= Dennis Edell | Direct Sales Marketing´s last blog ..Last Post and Current To-Do List =-.
Kim Woodbridge says
Hi Dennis – LOL :-) The guys jumped in the car and then stopped because they thought they had been caught and the cops ran right past them ;-)