Happy Independence Day in the USA!!
This week I have a couple of articles about my neighborhood, the Grateful Dead and marketing, bike/car crashes and more.
Have a great day and enjoy.
- West Philadelphia Community Garden Provides Fresh Food and Jobs – I recently bought broccoli that was grown at this garden. It was delicious and I was so excited to purchase produce that was grown just a couple of blocks away. If I get anything to grown in my own “garden” it would be a couple of steps away but that’s a whole different issue.
- How to Prevent Your Computer From Overheating and Why It’s Important – I try to avoid using the air conditioning unless it’s really super hot. The only thing I worry about other than my own discomfort it the heat of my computer. The monitoring tool mentioned in the article is a great resource. If you catch an overheating problem, you can avert more serious problems. And since everything breaks eventually, please do regular backups of your important data.
- How to Take a Vacation–Even If You’re Too Busy Or Too Broke – I take short little breaks quite often but rarely an entire week or two off. For example, the last couple of days have been perfect here – about 80 and no humidity. My daughter was also back after spending a week with her Dad. I took the afternoon off for two days to spend time with her. The work will still be there but perfect weather when we are together is very rare.
- Common Car-Bicycle Crashes – Bikes are legal street vehicles and people driving cars should be more aware of that. Here are some of the most common type of crashes – important for bikers and drivers to read. Personally, I’m terrified of the car door opening one – and am overly cautious about it.
- The Grateful Dead 4-Step Guide to the Magical Influence of Content Marketing – How to make content marketing interesting? Use examples with Jerry Garcia and The Grateful Dead.
- West Philadelphia: A Suburb in a City – This site is a great historical archive of Philadelphia. This article is about my neighborhood. I know that it used to be the suburbs and farmland but it’s really hard to imagine it.
- Taiwan Company Debuts Word’s First Solar Powered Soccer Ball – The solar power will activate sensors allowing people with bad vision to play soccer.
- 21 Things You Should Never Buy New – I would agree with most of the items on this list. And I can say maternity clothes have a high resale value – I sold all of mine and almost made my money back on them. It’s silly to spend so much on clothes you wear such a short time – unless you are going to have 10 kids ;-)
- The Hipster Fashion Cycle – Funny and so very true.
- Light fantastic: Stunning pictures show Northern Lights over erupting Icelandic volcano – Gorgeous photos of the Northern Lights and the Icelandic volcano eruption.
A collection of some of the best goal celebrations in soccer.