I can’t believe it’s already August. This summer seems to have zipped right by. I have a couple of weeks before going on vacation and then when we come back, school will be starting again.
This week I have articles on freelancing, Twitter, Social Media and WordPress. I did not come across many videos that I thought were especially amusing. If you have any, please leave a link to it in the comments. Fortunately, Valerie sent one to me so I was able to add one at the last moment.
- 10 Tips to Stay Motivated Even When You Don’t Feel Like Working – I don’t have this problem too often because if I don’t work, I don’t eat, but sometimes I really feel like goofing off. My solution is to treat myself like a child – if you do this for two hours, then you can do this for 30 minutes. ;-)
- 10 Reasons to Politely Decline a Web Design Gig – This list is SO true. I’ve already heard #7 and #2 many times. I also steer clear of anyone who approaches me and says – it’s a simple job. The use of the word simple implies they have no respect for the work that I do.
- How Not to Suck on Twitter – I’m not overly fond of this title but the article contains some good and snarky advice – especially about the type of people to avoid.
- Lessons in Social Media from Super Mario – Danny Brown has written an awesome article about Super Mario and Social Media. Very clever and a great read.
- 25 High Quality WordPress Themes Released on June-July 2009 – 25 Newish WordPress Themes to check out.
- Donate Friday – If you use Twitter, you are probably aware of follow friday where you recommend people for others to follow. This idea is to start Donate Friday instead, in which you pick one of your can’t live without WordPress plugins and donate to the developer. I think it’s a great idea!
- Man vs. …