Happy holiday weekend in the US. Hopefully you are celebrating labor day by not doing any labor or not being in labor (thanks Ari). School starts here next week – Alex is looking forward to it but I’m not. I haven’t had to set my alarm in almost a month.
This week I have zombies, WordPress, carrots, Deathspank and more.
- 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly) – Finally! Some good news. A zombie outbreak would fail! I’ve had zombies on the brain lately – I blame John Haydon and a book I read while on vacation called Feed.
- Farm 51 – I just found about this full urban farm just a few blocks away from me. It’s not on my usual path so I haven’t seen it yet. I am definitely going to go check it out.
- Process and Scope for 3.1, Part I – Information about WordPress 3.1 due to be released in December.
- Baby Carrots: The New Junk Food – I guess it’s good if it gets people to eat carrots rather than chips but I just don’t get why people need to have something marketed and packaged like junk food to want to eat it.
- Vox is closing on September 30, 2010 – I’ve only known of one person who had a blog on Vox but if you are using it, you will want to export your data and get it into WordPress before the end of the month.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Your Work – I’ve been trying to get better about this. I do write blog posts for questions that I am frequently asked and then refer people to the post and for things that I am always looking up. Once I write a post I tend to remember how to do it.
How could I not want to play a game called Deathspank? It’s like Diablo meets Monkey Island, which might not mean anything to you ;-)