Here is the weekly installment of my favorite reads/finds of the week.
- There Was a Class War and the Rich Won It – Ian Welsh of Firedoglake discusses how worker’s wages have stagnated over the last 30 years while productivity has gone up. Basically, we are learning less and working harder to make someone else wealthy.
- Slogan Train Wrecks – Taste My Nuts – Jonathan Fields encounters a nut stand with a funny slogan but one that is not really going to help sell nuts. An example of bad branding.
- The Twelve People You Meet on Twitter – Funny because it is true. I definitely started out as The Ghost but now I hope that I am a mix of most of the other types. Which type are you? If you see yourself in one of those types and don’t want to be seen that way, do you plan on making a change?
- Ever Feel Like Giving Up – all the time Chris, all the time. Chris Guillebeau discusses how traveling can frequently be lonely and confusing. The article easily translates to your own life experience.
- 11 Ways to Build an Extraordinary Life – Steve Olson lists ways to create an existence worth living such as being true to yourself and staying out of debt. I hope people read and practice this when young because I spent much of my life learning these lessons the hard way.
- Bike, Meet the City. City, This is the Bike – A vision of bicycle-centric rather then car-centric city from World Changing. I frequently imagine how enjoyable the city would be if all the cars were suddenly gone.
- How to Host Your Own Lifestream with Sweetcron – Sarah Perez, of ReadWriteWeb, previews Sweetcron, which will be a self hosted lifestream that stores online activity in a database and will be fully searchable. This may be exactly what I’m looking for in a personal lifestream.
- Mount A Camera to Your Bicycle – I’m don’t have the talent for a lot of DIY projects but if I had an extra camera, I would definitely do this. Be sure to watch the video of the camera in action.
- Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog – a short online musical brought to you by Joss Whedon and starring Neil Patrick Harris. Don’t think I need to say any more – go watch it!