Dot, from Deeper Issues, tagged me in the Blame Tara Meme and I’m supposed to answer 10 questions about myself.
Some of these questions are really hard! I just hope that I can answer as honestly as Dot did.
If I’ve tagged you, remember that participation is completely based on whether or not you want to do it.
- Who is the hottest movie star? – Ok, this one is easy. Without a doubt, Johnny Depp. I’ve loved him since Edward Scissorhands. I did not care for 21 Jump Street, although I am old enough to remember it.
- Apart from your house and your car, what’s the most expensive item you’ve ever bought? – This question makes some assumptions about me as a consumer. I do not own a house nor do I own a car. And I don’t want to. The most expensive thing I’ve bought is my education.
- What’s your most treasured memory? – Hmm … I don’t know if I have one. Although one of the happiest days of my life, other than the birth of my daughter, was when the downstairs neighbors from hell moved out. They were horrible. They claimed they didn’t understand English when I would go down and ask them to be quiet but somehow knew all the curse words. And they didn’t hesitate to use them even when my daughter was with me – and she was a baby at the time. I sat on the porch watching them move out – I was SO happy.
- What was the best gift you ever received as a child? – I think it was my first two wheeled bike that I got on my 4th birthday. I have a very vivid memory of it and it temporarily changed my favorite color from green to purple.
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made? – I’ve made A LOT of mistakes. I guess it would have to be the guy I dated when I was in high school. He was way too old for me and drank way too much. I have a hard time when I look back on it because I can’t figure out what I was thinking. I may have seen him as an escape from my parents.
- 4 words to describe yourself. – Sarcastic, kind, off-beat, and cynical.
- What was your highlight or lowlight of 2008? – 2008 pretty much sucked from start to finish. The year started with my marriage ending and ended with my Mother passing away. I was happy to see 2009. The high point was the start of this website.
- Favorite film? – One favorite film? Ok, I’ll throw one out that probably no one has heard of – Six String Samurai. I also love Grease.
- Tell me one thing I don’t know about you. – Hmm … something that people don’t know about me is probably not something I’m going to reveal. Some of you may know this one … I grew up in New Hampshire near Squam Lake. Squam Lake is where the movie On Golden Pond was filmed.
- If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be? – Well, obviously Wonder Woman. I ALWAYS wear stars on my chest, I have bracelets that deflect bullets, and I frequently carry a lasso ;-)
So now here’s who I’m going to tag to participate in this meme.
- Stratos from Stratos.me
- Tracy O’Connor from I Hate My Message Board
- Palma from Buddha Trance
- Valerie from the Thinking Out Loud Blog
- Adrenalynn from Rainy Day.
photo credit: Howard.Gees