Frequently, I finish up a task and discover that I only have 10-15 minutes until I have to go pick up my daughter or until my next phone call. And I often find that I end up mindlessly sitting at my desk clicking around at nothing and I feel like I wasted the time.
So, I started thinking about what I could do with that 10 minutes and came up with the following list.
- Clean the litter box. This only applies if you have indoor cats. If you don’t, you are welcome to come clean out mine.
- Check Facebook and leave super witty and clever comments. If you are lucky, people will “like” them. ;-)
- Reply to comments on your blog
- Unsubscribe from newsletters that you no longer read rather than just deleting them.
- Leave a comment on someone’s blog post.
- Check twitter and retweet some of your followers.
- Answer a couple of quick emails. (if you have such a thing).
- Start a load of laundry, fold some clothes, empty the dishwasher.
- Find the perfect image for your next blog post.
- And as my friend Pat suggested, sit and do nothing.
How about you? What do you do with 10 leftover minutes?
photo credit: alancleaver_2000