I have quite a few new readers who are looking for useful information about Facebook that doesn’t take a PhD to understand. Since they have missed some of the earlier articles, and really who can keep up these days, I’ve decided to round-up my best Facebook articles.
There are some others that are quite good but Facebook decided to rename things and make random changes so often that I would need to write my posts in pencil in order to always be current. If you are interested in all of the articles, you can find them in the Facebook category.
In reverse chronological order.
- Twitter and Facebook Integration: Stop Making Every Tweet Your Facebook Status – This still irks me and makes me think that I shouldn’t be friends with people who do this on both platforms. But, some, I like so much that I forgive them. Unfortunately, I think most people who find this article via search are using it to integrate Twitter and Facebook rather than take my advice
- How to Add a Custom Tab to a Facebook Fan Page – This is a very popular article about creating a custom tab using Static FBML on a Facebook Fan Page.
- How to Remove a Facebook Application from Your News Stream – Yes, this is how you can hide Mafia Wars rather than un-friending everyone who plays it. ;-)
- How to Add a Facebook Application to Your News Stream that You Previously Removed – The way to do this has changed a couple of times since I first wrote this article but it seems that this article has the correct instructions. At least for now.
- How to Post Status Updates and Photos to Facebook Via Text Message – You can update Facebook via your cell phone. Here’s how to do it.
- How to Add the Facebook Fan Page Widget to Your Website – How to. I’ve heard reports recently, however, that Facebook broke this. If it’s not working, leave it be and try again in a couple days.
- Upcoming Facebook Changes to Boxes and the Box Tab that Will Impact Your Custom Fan Pages – Well, this article was written last November and it still hasn’t happened. I guess Facebook needed us to like and unlike things first. It is still listed as a change on the developer’s roadmap.
- How to Add a Flash Video to a Custom Facebook Fan Page Tab – Follow these step by step instructions and you be able to easily add a video to a custom tab on your Facebook fan page.
- FBML – How to Add a MP3 to a Tab on Facebook Fan Page – Again, step by step instructions to add music files to your custom Facebook fan page.
- FBML – How to Add a Share Button to Your Facebook Fan Page – Another FBML how to on adding the Share Button. Will, this be changed something else? What’s a good synonym for share? ;-)
- How to Change the Name of Your Facebook Page – An article of snark. You can’t change the name of your Facebook page once it’s selected.
- How to Receive Notifications for Comments on a Facebook Fan Page – There isn’t a good way to do this. This is a sort of workaround.
- How to Use FBML to Display Your Profile Photo on a Custom Facebook Fan Page – FBML code that can be used to display your profile pic.
- How to Add a Facebook Share Button With a Custom Logo – How to have your logo displayed when one of your website articles is shared on Facebook.
- How to Encourage People to Fan Your Facebook Page – Using the FBML visible to connection tag to hide special content from people who aren’t fans.
photo credit: laikolosse