Last week I wrote about a way to filter the Facebook news stream by pagesby creating lists. It isn’t an elegant solution, but since Facebook made their last round of changes their isn’t another way to do this. It’s a shame because it used to work great. I think that Facebook needs to learn that “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. And if it is broke, please listen to your users and at least attempt to fix it.
Anyway, in the comments, Ajith asked how to delete the lists that had already been created. This, too, had been moved in Facebook’s last update and the settings were not obvious.
Here’s how to edit and delete a Facebook list.
- Click on Account on the top right of the Facebook top navigation bar.
- Select Edit Friends
- On the next page you can add a fan page or a friend to an existing lists and create a new list
- On the left are the lists that you have already created.
- Click on the name of the list that you want to edit or delete.
- At the top of the page you will now have two new buttons: Edit List and Delete List.
So, that’s how you find the new location to edit and delete lists that you have already created. You can create a new list from here as well.
photo credit: greenhem