Happy Post Thanksgiving when many of us are stuffed with turkey and too much family. I usually feel sad for the turkeys this time of year.
This week I have coffee, the end of the world, WordPress, videos and more.
- 15(ish) Things Worth Knowing About Coffee – Interesting coffee facts and fun illustrations.
- Crazy Crap a Mother Says Out Loud – Funny and completely believable.
- 2012: Beginning of the End or Why the World Won’t End? – NASA provides some scientific reason as to why the world won’t end in 2012, which is contrary to what the entertainment industry wants us to believe. ;-)
- The Best TV Series of the 00’s – I don’t watch a lot of television and was surprised to see some of my favorite shows on this list. What I also found interesting is how many of these “best” shows were canceled after just one or a couple of season : Arrested Development, Veronica Mars, Firefly and Freaks and Geeks. I also loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Commuter Cat is Star of Bus Route – An adorable story and video of a cat in England who likes to ride the bus.
- The Ultimate WordPress 2.8 Optimization Guide – A guide to having a blog that is quick and responsive.
- My Thoughts on the Current State of the WordPress Project – An interesting read about WordPress, Automattic, and how this person feels about the way things are going.
The Afghan Whigs are one of my favorite bands. They were around in the 90’s and were always on the verge of making it big but never succeeded. This video makes me laugh – what is up with that background? Was it the 90’s or the 60’s?
Birds of Paradise from Planet Earth – These birds have some wacky mating rituals.
I can’t believe how much Greg Dulli has changed since that video was shot.
And I love those birds of paradise. Always make me laugh. I love how he uses the stick like a little broom. :-)
Kim Woodbridge says
Hi Jim – It’s probably been 15 years – and like I said, it’s better to gain some weight than be addicted to drugs.
And speaking of drugs, what are those birds on? ;-)