Last month I wrote about how the name of a Facebook fan page could be changed, if the page had less than 100 fans.
You can also change the username of your Facebook profile.
Here’s how you do it.
- From your profile page, go to Account on the top right.
- Click on Account Settings.
- The Account settings page should default to the Settings tab.
- The second choice is Username. Click the ‘Change’ link on the right side of the screen.
- When you click on change, you will have a field where you can type in the new name and check the availability of the name you want. There is also a message warning you to select carefully as you can only change the profile username once.
I can’t think of too many reason to do this other than typos or divorce but at least it can be done one time.
photo credit: grendelkhan