The first couple of months that I had this site I only had one visitor. Well, only one that I knew of. So many of my articles went unloved and unread.
It’s not that the articles are SO bad. Well, maybe just a little – my writing has definitely improved. It’s just that no one knew they existed. They were out there all alone floating about the Internet.
I should note that my criteria for selecting articles were ones with no comments. It’s entirely possible that they were wildly popular and that the readers were so stunned by my brilliance that they were unable to comment.
- Shared Netvibes Page as Lifestream – When I first started this site I thought one of my main topics was going to be lifestreaming because I’m very interested in it. I wrote a number of articles on the topic but quickly tired of it and there are others, like Mark Krynsky who are covering the topic is a more complete manner. But Netvibes as a shared lifestream? Why? Actually, I just took a look at it and it does show what I’m going online with photos, bookmarking, videos, etc so maybe it’s not such a bad idea after all.
- Fav Thumbs – Visualize Your Delicious Bookmarks – This is a review of Fav Thumbs, which is a visual representation of Delicious Bookmarks. It’s pretty cool but I’ve never really used it and it’s slower than just searching the regular ones.
- Time Tube by Dipity – A YouTube Timeline – I’m not sure what else to say about this one – the title basically says what it is. You can create a timeline of YouTube videos with a search, by manually entering them or with a RSS feed. I created one of Mirror’s Edge videos because that is a video game that I have been looking forward to even though I know it will frustrate me to no end. And yes, I know the game is out but the PC version isn’t being released until January.
- Get Invited: 4 Ways to Obtain Access to Beta Sites – I’m really not sure why I even wrote articles back them – the titles provided plenty of information. For awhile last summer I was into trying out new sites so I wanted to get beta invites. I’m not so interested anymore – I’m overloaded on sites to test and really don’t have the time.
- Wordle – Generate Word Clouds from Text, RSS, and del.icio.us This online utility allows you to generate a word cloud based on bookmark tags, an RSS feed or input text, such as lyrics to a song.
There you go. My 5 crappiest articles or perhaps my 5 articles that left all potential commenters speechless.
photo credit: kevindooley