Frequently someone is added as an Admin on a Facebook page in order to some work, such as add a custom landing page. Once the work is complete, however, the person no longer needs to be an admin and can be removed.
I recommend removing all admins that are not required as it is more secure to have fewer people with full access to the page.
Recently I was asked how to an admin can be removed so here I will provide the instructions.
- To remove an admin, you need to be an admin. Make sure that you have admin access to the page or these instructions won’t work.
- If there is only one page admin, don’t remove it. If you remove the only admin to the page, then no one will have access to edit it or make updates.
- Go to the page.
- Click on the Edit Page button.
- Go to Manage Admins on the left
- Click on the Remove Link to the right of the individual’s name and photo.
Again, I think it’s a good idea to remove temporary admins after they no longer need access. I am an admin on a lot of pages. On some of them I do ongoing work so it makes sense that I retain admin access. On others, however, I did a little work and was never removed as an admin even after reminding the client to remove my access. I suppose some people are very trusting. ;-)
photo credit: swanksalot