11/18/09 – Qwitter doesn’t work at all anymore. It hasn’t in quite some time.
Qwitter does not seem to be a reliable tool. I rarely get notifications that I have been unfollowed. And then on one day I will get 12 all at once.
Until recently email notified me when I was being followed on twitter but I had no way of knowing when someone had stopped following me. Now I am using a tool called Qwitter. I signed up and get an email when someone stops following me. What is really amusing about this, at least to me, is that it tells me the last tweet I sent before being unfollowed.
Obviously, someone didn’t always stop following me because of a particular tweet and coincidence plays into this a little. For example, I might be cleaning up my list of who I follow and not even be monitoring twitter and stop following someone right after they say “I love kittens and rainbows”. Now what kind of person would I be if I didn’t love kittens and rainbows and that made me stop following. Although, if I saw that in my timeline, I might wonder why I was following Strawberry Shortcake.
I also don’t really care if someone stops following me. I don’t like it when people follow me, I follow them back and then they stop following because they are trying to boost their numbers but otherwise I really don’t care. So far, most of the people who have stopped following me are ones that I wasn’t following back (I should really write something up about that) and they were probably just annoyed with my weekend soccer related babblings.
So, let’s take a look at some of my tweets that caused others to leave me. I am not going to list the usernames of the people who unfollowed me because I don’t think that would be nice.
- @mako77 Maybe I will – but I want to see the entire Villa game. I have Setanta broadband but they don’t have it in the archive yet :-( – This is an example of a soccer comment. mako77 and I frequently “watch” games together. All I can assume is the person who left me was not an Aston Villa fan (British Premiere League Soccer). Ok fine – I understand. But I wouldn’t have left you if you liked Chelsea.
- @NikkiJade thank you :-) – This one has got to be my favorite. Ok – my follower does not like politeness.
- @claynewton Congrats? Hopefully I will be soon too – they are really draagggiiinnnggg it out. – I lost three followers over this one. Was it my uncertaintly about the congratulations , my spelling of dragging, or something else. Actually, I’m not even sure what I was saying to this person.
- @imjustcreative hmm…I still getting rate limit exceeded. – This user and I were having a conversation about problems with Tweetdeck. Maybe we went on too long. It doesn’t seem offensive to me in any way.
- @problogdesign According to yoast there are three files http://yoast.com/install-wp-263/ – Did this person think I was mispelling toast? Maybe they didn’t want to do the WordPress upgrade, hear about, read about it, or anything. Or maybe it was my know it all way of correcting someone ;-)
- @lamarguerite Good point. I must admit that I don’t tend to think from a business perspective. I should but it’s not one of my strengths. – This user was disappointed in my lack of good business sense – I’m sure of it.
- @remarkablogger What?!?!? There’s a manual? I always read the manual – at least when I know of it’s existence. – My joke about reading non-existent manuals was apparently not funny to everyone. The thread of this dealt with husband and wife points. I didn’t know what that was … ok, now it really isn’t funny at all.
- Time for Real Madrid – Yet, another soccer related tweet that caused me to lose a follower. How can anyone not like Real Madrid? The team has the best goalkeeper in the world.
- @jennydecki That sounds like one of my grandmothers except it was Camels and I can’t remember what she drank. Ok – smoking and drinking grandmothers – maybe not so funny. We weren’t trying to be funny, well, at first. We were just making the point that not all grandmothers bake cookies and watch daytime television.
Give Qwitter a try if you care about that sort of thing. Or if you have a twisted sense of humor like I do. Make sure you sign up for Twitter first though.
photo credit: alasam