Ok. I’ve avoided memes to this point but since Ari Herzog tagged me to participate, I will. I’m trying really really hard to get on Ari’s A List without having to actually meet him so I’m hoping that meme participation will help me out. Now if you didn’t get the sarcasm in that last sentence that’s because a) I’m a crappy writer and b) html still doesn’t have the sarcasm tags which I’ve been waiting for for a VERY long time.
What am I talking about here? Oh yes. 7 things about me. I’m saying they are secret(ish) because people who know me, know these things, but I guess the online world doesn’t. So, buckle up because this should be a total thrill.
- I am female – Yes, shocking I know seeing as I am named Kim and all but you would be amazed at the amount of correspondence I receive for Mr. Kim Woodbridge. I know Kim was originally a man’s name (and my name is just Kim, not Kimberly – ask my Mom) but that was like 100 years ago and I don’t think the postal service is that slow. Though I can understand that the photo on my About page is very masculine. Maybe the problem is that I always wear jeans, don’t style my hair, and don’t wear make-up. Ok, now I’m confused.
- The Grateful Dead – I LOVED The Grateful Dead in the 80′s. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED. I am not going to call myself a dead head because I never liked that label and it wasn’t my entire life but my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. concerts were The Grateful Dead. I still love them but I had gotten over my obsession before Jerry Garcia passed away, which is a good thing because I would have been even more devastated.
- Tattoo - Yes, I have a tattoo. Just don’t tell my Mom ;-) It’s of a fairy – I love fairies (almost as much as Jerry Garcia). But I’m not telling you where it’s located (and no, it’s not on my butt).
- Anthro at University of Arizona – My BA is in Anthropology, which I was awarded at The University of Arizona. My choice in degrees can probably clue you into whether I was still into The Grateful Dead or not at that point in my life. Very useful choice to earn the big bucks. Extremely. Ok – in my defense I was originally studying to be a high school English teacher (because I’m such an awesome writer) but I was bored to tears with the courses. I was also afraid of the student teaching (see #5). And the University of Arizona is one of the top schools for Anthropology, so if you going to get a worthless degree, it might as well be at a top school.
- Painfully shy – I was painfully shy until I was about 33-34 years old, especially when I was a child. Shyness ended after having my daughter because a) when you have 10 medical school students staring at you in the delivery room you kind have nothing left to be shy about and b) strangers would walk up to me and start talking about babies when I was out with her. But when I was a kid my shyness was intense. I was bright enough to skip grades but they always decided against it because I was shy and lacking in social skills. Even when I knew the answer in class, I didn’t want to be called on and if I was, I would whisper the answer. And oral reports, forget it. I was willing to take a lower grade and not do the project. People who know me now, however, find it hard to believe that I was ever shy.
- Queen of crappy jobs – I used to be the queen of crappy jobs but I gave up my tiara in the 90′s. I have done the following; clean hotel rooms, worked in a photo booth, worked at Dunkin’ Donuts, worked at 7-11, answered phones at Yellow Cab (I knew where every bar in Tucson was), did telemarketing for a portrait studio, bagged groceries (do they even have baggers anymore?), and grilled hot dogs at a golf course. Apparently hard work builds character. I’m definitely a character – I’m just not sure what kind I have.
- Love video games – I love playing video games. I’m not a shooter or grand theft kind of player though. I’m more of a slow paced adventure game player – find the key to open the file cabinet to get a clue that needs to be decoded. This type of game is not very popular in the US anymore but for some reason they are in Europe, especially Germany. Most of them eventually become available. I also love Tomb Raider and some role playing games, like Neverwinter Nights. I don’t play as much as I used but still insist upon finding some time to play.
So, there you go – 7 things about me. Exciting, huh?
Note: I am in the photograph at the top of this article, if that wasn’t clear.
Did you enjoy this article? I can assist you with your WordPress or Facebook project. Contact me and I will provide you with an estimate. You can also connect with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. If you are looking for Hosting, WordPress Theme, Newsletter or other recommendations, please view my detailed list.
44 Responses to “7 Secret(ish) Things About Me”
- What’s In The Box?!?!? Se7en Things You Didn’t Know About Me. | Greasy Hoagies With Myles
- Eight Wishes and More | Green & Clean Mom
- Seven Things About Me You Might Not Know | I Hate My Message Board