Last week I wrote about 7 plugins that could be used to create a customer or technical support site with WordPress.
Here are 9 plugins that can be added to a client’s site to facilitate your support of it. They will turn off upgrade notifications, add documentation, and provide a way for the client to easily contact you.
- Disable WordPress Version Update – This plugin will remove the new WordPress version update notification. Of course, WordPress should always be updated to the most current version for security reasons but you may want to update your client’s sites on your schedule rather than having them press the update button before doing backups and making sure plugins are compatible.
- Disable WordPress Plugin Updates – Like the WordPress version plugin, this plugin will remove the plugin update notifications. Again, this will allow you to update them for your client on your schedule rather than having them update without making sure the new version doesn’t have any issues.
- Disable WordPress Theme Updates – This plugin will remove update notifications for WordPress themes. Again, you many want this on your client sites for the same reason as the WordPress and plugin ones.
- Disable WordPress Updates This plugin is a three-in-one. It does what the three previous plugins do; disables WordPress updates, disables plugin updates, and disables theme updates. You may not need all three, which is why I included the single versions, but if you do, this is the plugin to use.
- Technical Support – This plugin sets up a widget on the WordPress dashboard that allows the client to send support tickets directly to you. I recommend using this one with caution ;-)
- WP Guides – This plugin allows you to add documentation, in a variety of formats, to WordPress and a menu is created in the admin area. If the project is well documented and the documentation is readily available, it may reduce the amount of support requests that you get.
- WP Video Tutor – Adds video tutorials to the WordPress admin to provide video documentation for you clients.
- System Information – This plugin adds a system information page that provides details about the WordPress configuration. This could be useful in troubleshooting problems that crop up.
- WP-DB-Backup – I highly recommend this plugin for everyone who uses WordPress. It makes it super easy to backup your WordPress database. You can also set it to backup and email you on a scheduled basis. I have mine emailed to me daily.
photo credit: xcode