If you have a blog and you use Facebook, you should be using the NetworkedBlogs application. It’s a great way to promote your blog and to find other blogs on similar topics.
Until recently, Networked Blogs could only be integrated with Facebook profile pages. Now, however, the application can also be used with Facebook Fan or Business pages.
The most popular feature is to automatically post your blog posts to your profile.
Here’s how to add Networked Blogs to your Fan or Business Page. This is assuming you have already added your blog to the Networked Blogs Application on Facebook.
- Locate your blog in Networked Blogs.
- Click on Feed Settings on the right.
- You will be given the option to post to your personal profile and to fan pages that you are an Admin of.
- For the personal profile, you simply need to check the box and your blog posts will auto-post to your profile.
- For a fan page click on the configure button.
- You will then get a check box to auto publish your posts to the wall of your fan page.
Personally, I am not a fan of auto posting anything. I manually post to twitter, facebook and my fan page. There are two reasons for this. The first is that I like to control the what the message says – say something funny or unique to generate interest. And the second is that not all of my blog posts are appropriate for my fan page. I try the information on the fan page about WordPress, Facebook, blogging and othere related topics. It just doesn’t make sense to me to auto-post my recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Loaf ;-)
But I know that many people like to streamline their social media and that they would prefer to auto-post. Somehow it is supposed to save time. ;-)
photo credit: obLiterated